zaterdag 23 maart 2013

The Buy

So I got myself a van. Not just a 'van', but the 1995 GMC Vandura 2500. As a kid I always dreamed of a van like that, but just recently managed to get myself one. For a lousy 3000 euro's I got this. As it is good and nice to drive and works well, there is still plenty of work to be done to get him 100% up in shape.


It ain't easy to find yourself something reflecting the size of your testicles on the road here in Belgium, and even if you do, the tax office eats you alive for having a car with a 5.7 liter engine with more than 200 bhp under the hood. In the case of having just 'a car' with such specs, the road tax is huge, and the tax for letting you have the car gets quickly over 2000 euro's. Some versions of the GM full size van (as is this one and the G20/G30 Chevy van) are transformed into a motor home here in Belgium, putting the tax collectors out of the story (with the exception of the annual 132 € road tax).

As I said there is some work to be done on the van. The outside is pretty shitty, the brakes are also pretty shitty, not to mention my AC. One of the previous owners had an accident and the passenger side got pretty damaged.

 Nothing too big. I'm pretty sure polish mechanics will fix this quite nice.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten